Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NO SCHOOL!

I love snow days,
maybe it's the excitement of my own childhood that causes me to wake up before 5 am to turn on the news when there is the anticipation of a storm coming to New England..

maybe.

maybe it is the feeling that I have stolen a day back with my kids from the school system.

maybe.

maybe it is the excitement that comes from not being able to control weather- like when preparing for a hurricane.

maybe.

maybe it is the feeling that in the midst of a terribly busy schedule; weather comes to stop our craziness for a moment and gives us a locked down un planned time with family.

yeah, that's it.

I woke up this morning, turned on the news and waited....
school is cancelled, YEAH!

so in anticipation of power outages; I filled up the tub with water (for those with city water- if you have a well, it needs electricity to bring up the water- so you can't flush your toliets without water- filling your tub insures that you can still flush), I gathered emergency candles, cooked food items, and had my husband stoke up the wood stove.

I just fed the kids a big breakfast- home made pumpkin bread with chocolate chips toasty warm from the oven, eggs, and hash... made up an incredible omlet for the adults (kids don't like mushrooms, onions, and peppers)...

so if we can't open the frige- we're full anyway....

gonna head out the door with ice skates on because here in southern New England- we are in cased in ice.

and the good news? We're all home safe, warm, fed and together

Happy NO SCHOOL DAY !

4 comments:

shaun said...

Tera ,
I am happy that you sound so happy..
I hope it was a great day.
Peace

sandwhichisthere said...

I read your comment on the sandwich blog. Fathers don't mind being blamed for everything. Fathers have big shoulders and are used to having a new burden added each day. They do the best that they can, not the best that anyone could do, but the best that they can. It is like expecting someone to love you according to your expectations. They may not meet your expectations but they love you the best that they can. Fathers have to labor under the laws of being a man,
1. Don't lie
2. Don't steal
3. Don't be mean
4. Don't complain
5. Don't explain.
6. Don't be anyone's fool.
Fathers don't know anything about being Mothers. Mothers don't know anything about being Fathers. Men don't know how women think. Women don't know how men think.
I have known several women who professed to know how men think. When I gave them the test, there is one, they all failed. They all also no longer speak to me.
There should be a national Temple of Blame with a Holy Blame Stone inside. We could all take all of our blames to the temple and leave them at the foot of the Holy Blame Stone. This could lead to a Temple of Hatred, a Temple of Intolerance, a Temple of Fears, and A temple of Sadness. When people would ask you "Why are you so happy today when for the last year you have been so miserable?".
The answer would be "Stoned!".

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I love the comment about stealing back a day with the kids! So tempting to take that day and "get things done" but what a better choice to spend it doing something fun!

thanks for checking in on me. I've been struggling with time management.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I love the comment about stealing back a day with the kids! So tempting to take that day and "get things done" but what a better choice to spend it doing something fun!

thanks for checking in on me. I've been struggling with time management.