Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Six flags is OPEN



We have bought seasons' passes for Lake Compounce for the past 5 years.

I was so frustrated that they allowed people to smoke everywhere. Here I would be walking barefoot in the water park and have to watch out for a burning cigarette.

I am not against smokers- I just want to walk around an amusement park safely.

The final straw was last year.

My son Caleb has pdd-nos; a high functioning form of autism.

As we were leaving Lake Compounce, another patron threw down a lit cigarette. Caleb ran quickly to pick it up and "taste" it. (at least that is what he told me he was doing when I started shrieking....WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING???")

So we no longer have a season's pass at Lake Compounce.

SANTA CLAUS brought us passes to SIX FLAGS NEW ENGLAND! Seems they have a smoke free park-
but more importantly- they have BATMAN....Caleb's newest secret identity!

This is a picture of Hannah on WIGGLES tea pot ride.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

How fun!

Tera Rose, I was SO thrilled to hear that the birds have found you! That's so wonderful that you have so quickly become the yard to feed in for so many species. I am so happy for you and your family. Birdwatching is just such a rewarding hobby. Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I BET CALEB And Hannah Had a ton of fun . Cannt wait to see your Batman Capes.Did you get to meet Tweety Bird ? I want some Pictures of Him If you have them Please.you guys are going to have a very fun summer at 6 flags .

Happy Birthday T.M.

Unknown said...

Im a little tea pot HaHa I bet Hannah had a lot of fun there.